Faculty or staff members at UNH may obtain a variety of telephone and data services.
Whenever possible, we try to alert your TAM to the charges your department will incur on the request form itself. For a more complex request, you may want to submit an estimate request.
Some key points about Telecom charges:
- Onsite work is billed at $40/hour. For RUSH requests, the rate is $60/hour. Work order requests received with a requested scheduled date of less than 12 business days from the date of the email request may be subject to the “RUSH” labor rate. Plan for up to 4 business days after the request is made for RUSH orders. Normal orders take 10-12 business days from the initial request
- There is no charge for stopping or disconnecting a service
- a $42.50 service charge may apply
- a new data (ethernet) service costs $170 to install. You may consider moving an unused (but active) data jack instead, at a the onsite labor rates above.
Step by Step to Making a Request...
- Contact your Telecom Account Manager (TAM) and explain your request.
- Determine approximate cost and source of funding, including:
- Your TAM will make the request
- Upon receipt of the request from your TAM, Telecom will initiate a work order.
- Your TAM will receive a response from Telecom indicating status of the request and any other information needed if necessary.