- Drupal facilitates compliance with ADA and Web Standards.
- Staff can easily update content from anywhere there is web access.
- Scalability- the site content and functionality can grow with your organization.
- Flexibility- new features can be easily added.
- Content delivery is enhanced with RSS feeds, embedded media and blogging capability resulting in a richer user experience.
- Reporting and analytics may be managed from within Drupal.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
What is Drupal?
Drupal is a Web Content Management System (CMS) which stores information in a database to be retrieved and displayed on a website. The content dynamically populates pre-defined templates.
What Drupal is Not
- Digital Asset Management (DAM)- Manages media assets. Kaltura
- Enterprise CMS or Document Management System (DMS)- Manages documents for internal use. SharePoint
- Learning Management System (LMS) – manages and delivers learning materials. Blackboard
- http://www.youtube.com/user/Lullabot (keep in mind that training examples may look vastly different or include unavailable functionality)
- General Web and Content Management Resources
- Education oriented resources
UNH Drupal Functionality
- Reuse of content
- Dynamic navigation (the navigation is changed when a page is created or deleted)
- Contact form
- Rotating image
- RSS Feed
- Web-based administration and editing
- Calendar *
- Web Analytics
- Web Forms *
- Limited Data Management *
* additional configuration may be needed