The Instructional Development Center (IDC) develops and promotes sound instructional design principles and practices for classroom and online instruction. We support faculty by helping them consider varied instructional strategies, integrate technology effectively within their courses, and support development of engaging course content. We explore and pilot emerging technologies and collect best practices for enhancing student learning. The IDC also organizes training events and provides one-on-one consultation sessions for faculty.
IDC instructional designers explore and pilot new tools and techniques that positively impact teaching and learning. Our recent initiatives include:
Pease visit http://it.unh.edu/bbhelp for latest documentation and on-demand video tutorials.
The IDC is committed to helping faculty enhance the quality of their teaching and support the effective use of instructional technology in their courses. We offer:
- Instructional design consultation and support
- Online instruction best practices and support
- Instructional technology integration best practices
- Course redesign and curriculum enhancement
- Best practices for instruction using rich media
- Content management and ePortfolio support
- Best practices for classroom student response systems, “clickers”
- Academic integrity best practices and plagiarism prevention